Gifts For Me! :)
Sep. 7th, 2026 04:14 pmTwo of the exchanges I joined recently revealed their works -- so I can blog about them here!
From the 2026 Smut Wars Exchange, I received one gift and one treat!
The gift:
This was a cruel Armitage Hux, mistreating Cardinal in a way that he can't resist, because he's hopelessly conditioned to obey, as well as probably also being in love. There's no emotional happy ending to his one, just smut!
The treat:
THIS WAS EXCELLENT! From the opening quotation from an 1800s treatise on beetles, I was helplessly sucked in.
Tritt Opan is barely a character in the First Order. As far as I know, he doesn't have any lines in the Sequel Trilogy. He may or may not have any lines in the official books -- presumably he must have lines somewhere, yet I'm not familiar with any of them. He's an assassin for Brendol Hux, and he's played by a character actor known for his unusual, even offputting look. The way they costumed and styled him in the Sequels made him look positively cadaverous. He is not the traditional vision of a leading man, is what I'm saying.
In December 2025, over on the Discord server, Milo quipped that Tritt Opan looks like the sort of man who owns a beetle named Wolp. I think I've blogged about this before -- the shared headcanon that we immediately began fleshing out, complete with what he does with the insects (lets them bite him after every kill), etc. etc. etc.
I wrote one fic based in this headcanon ("Bite Me"), and started another one ("Live Wire"). Well, "Splendour So Fine" is a third fic written from this shared understanding of Tritt Opan as being a creepy bug guy -- and it's SO creepy, and SO problematic, but in the best way!
The main challenge of writing from Opan's point of view is that he's an assassin -- divorced from regular human emotions. He has to be, to do what he does. I assume he's not only a hardened killer, but also has a very alien viewpoint. The added shared headcanon about "the bug thing" means that his point of view is even MORE alien, at least in my opinion. Maybe he has taken on certain bug-like qualities himself: the ability to hold still, the foreign ways of making decisions, maybe even a different way of valuing life and death.
This fic delivers on everything I could have dreamed about a fic written from Tritt Opan's POV. It leaves out so much about his thought process, giving us the bare A to B map, but without any human emotions to fill in the gaps. We are left to infer Opan's priorities to a large extent, until they become too pressing to ignore. All of it paints a subtle picture of a person who is utterly fixated, obsessed, and totally stalking his General, the younger Armitage Hux -- and that should be horrifying, right? Only it turns out that Hux already knows...
This fic was just SO good, and SO well done. I'm truly in awe of the skill that's displayed! So far, I've never been brave enough to attempt Tritt Opan's POV, and if I ever am, I will be struggling to create a unique take on it rather than just attempting to imitate this fic.
In my opinion, this fic is true art. It's too bad that only a handful of people will ever see it, most likely. No one is out there searching for Tritt Opan/Armitage Hux fics.
*****
I also joined the Extreme Timed Multifandom Challenge! This is an exchange that takes just 48 hours from start to finish. The exchange doesn't have an anonymous period, so we already know who wrote what.
I received one gift:
This was a cute little chatfic where the hazards of bisexual dating loom larger than the Starship Problem Of The Week!
And I also received a treat:
This is a short (under 400 words) fic where these three characters snuggle together!
I just have one more fic to write for an exchange -- the ExSHAMEnge Internalized Queerphobia Flash Exchange, which is due this Thursday, September 10, at 5 pm in my time zone. I'm starting to write it now.
Luckily, shame is where I live a lot of the time, so I have plenty of ideas. I just need to pick ONE shame-filled scenario and try to do it justice!
From the 2026 Smut Wars Exchange, I received one gift and one treat!
The gift:
Title: Helpless
Author: Anonymous (for now)
Fandoms: Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, Star Wars: Phasma - Delilah S. Dawson
Ship: Cardinal | Archex/Armitage Hux
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Wordcount: 2,320
Summary: Knowing Armitage has plotted to kill his own father changes their relationship. It doesn’t change how Cardinal’s body reacts to him. [Armitage Hux x Cardinal | Written for the Smut Wars exchange]
This was a cruel Armitage Hux, mistreating Cardinal in a way that he can't resist, because he's hopelessly conditioned to obey, as well as probably also being in love. There's no emotional happy ending to his one, just smut!
The treat:
Title: Splendour So Fine
Author: Anonymous (for now -- but I know who it was)
Fandom: Star Wars Sequel Trilogy
Ship: Armitage Hux/Tritt Opan
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Wordcount: 6,592
Summary: Observation was part of the job. Obsession was not.
THIS WAS EXCELLENT! From the opening quotation from an 1800s treatise on beetles, I was helplessly sucked in.
Tritt Opan is barely a character in the First Order. As far as I know, he doesn't have any lines in the Sequel Trilogy. He may or may not have any lines in the official books -- presumably he must have lines somewhere, yet I'm not familiar with any of them. He's an assassin for Brendol Hux, and he's played by a character actor known for his unusual, even offputting look. The way they costumed and styled him in the Sequels made him look positively cadaverous. He is not the traditional vision of a leading man, is what I'm saying.
In December 2025, over on the Discord server, Milo quipped that Tritt Opan looks like the sort of man who owns a beetle named Wolp. I think I've blogged about this before -- the shared headcanon that we immediately began fleshing out, complete with what he does with the insects (lets them bite him after every kill), etc. etc. etc.
I wrote one fic based in this headcanon ("Bite Me"), and started another one ("Live Wire"). Well, "Splendour So Fine" is a third fic written from this shared understanding of Tritt Opan as being a creepy bug guy -- and it's SO creepy, and SO problematic, but in the best way!
The main challenge of writing from Opan's point of view is that he's an assassin -- divorced from regular human emotions. He has to be, to do what he does. I assume he's not only a hardened killer, but also has a very alien viewpoint. The added shared headcanon about "the bug thing" means that his point of view is even MORE alien, at least in my opinion. Maybe he has taken on certain bug-like qualities himself: the ability to hold still, the foreign ways of making decisions, maybe even a different way of valuing life and death.
This fic delivers on everything I could have dreamed about a fic written from Tritt Opan's POV. It leaves out so much about his thought process, giving us the bare A to B map, but without any human emotions to fill in the gaps. We are left to infer Opan's priorities to a large extent, until they become too pressing to ignore. All of it paints a subtle picture of a person who is utterly fixated, obsessed, and totally stalking his General, the younger Armitage Hux -- and that should be horrifying, right? Only it turns out that Hux already knows...
This fic was just SO good, and SO well done. I'm truly in awe of the skill that's displayed! So far, I've never been brave enough to attempt Tritt Opan's POV, and if I ever am, I will be struggling to create a unique take on it rather than just attempting to imitate this fic.
In my opinion, this fic is true art. It's too bad that only a handful of people will ever see it, most likely. No one is out there searching for Tritt Opan/Armitage Hux fics.
*****
I also joined the Extreme Timed Multifandom Challenge! This is an exchange that takes just 48 hours from start to finish. The exchange doesn't have an anonymous period, so we already know who wrote what.
I received one gift:
Title: flying the spaceship is the easy part
Author: codesandstuffs
Fandom: Original Work
Ship: Bisexual Spaceship Engineer/Female Pilot She Has A Crush On & Her Supportive Ex-Boyfriend-Turned-Friend (OW)
Rating: Gen
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Wordcount: 1,203
Summary: The ship is headed straight through a pair of binary stars, sure, but that's not really what Lark is worried about here.
This was a cute little chatfic where the hazards of bisexual dating loom larger than the Starship Problem Of The Week!
And I also received a treat:
Title: Adrian's Trasures [sic]
Author: itallcomesbacktoandreil
Fandom: Project Hail Mary (2026)
Ship: Adrian/Rocky & Ryland Grace (Project Hail Mary 2026)
Rating: Gen
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Wordcount: 395
Summary: Adrian watches Rocky and Grace sleep.
This is a short (under 400 words) fic where these three characters snuggle together!
I just have one more fic to write for an exchange -- the ExSHAMEnge Internalized Queerphobia Flash Exchange, which is due this Thursday, September 10, at 5 pm in my time zone. I'm starting to write it now.
Luckily, shame is where I live a lot of the time, so I have plenty of ideas. I just need to pick ONE shame-filled scenario and try to do it justice!